I’m a sought-after job search and social media speaker because I educate and inform in a relaxed, practical, and hands-on way. My webinar, workshop, and seminar attendees consistently give me top scores in post-presentation evaluations for my down-to-earth delivery style and the value of the content I cover.
I enjoy speaking to working professionals, job seekers, and college students at networking groups, professional associations, college campuses, job fairs, and industry conferences. Contact me if you’re interested in having me present a webinar, workshop, or seminar to your group. I’m always open to developing new content specific to your group’s needs, but here are some frequently-requested topics:
Revamp Your Resume—And Get Hired
I use a before-and-after format to show you how to transform a ho-hum resume into a resume that gets results. Using actual client resumes, I share practical tips and tricks for resume challenges that can sometimes trip up job seekers:
- The young professional
- The career changer
- The returning-to-work parent
Praise for this Presentation: “Mir was the first presenter in the NC State Alumni Association’s 2013 Career Webinar Series and we couldn’t have picked a better person to kick off the year. After discussing our target population, goals for the event, and content ideas, she created a custom presentation that resonated extremely well with the audience. The feedback from alumni was phenomenal and we are thrilled to have her on our schedule again for the coming year.”
– Catherine Tuttle, Manager, Alumni Career Services, NC State University
Google Yourself: Are You Managing Your Online Reputation?
It’s no secret that employers, recruiters, and hiring managers perform online searches as part of due diligence. The question is: What are you doing about it?
When someone googles your name, could you be confused with someone who has the same name—as well as a criminal past? Just as damaging, does a search for your name pull up legitimate—but unflattering—information about you? In this talk, I’ll explain:
- How online reputation management works
- How to protect your online reputation—without spending big bucks
- How to repair or minimize the impact of negative search results
How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job
This talk is chocked full of practical, do-able LinkedIn advice to help boost your visibility and image on LinkedIn. I also answers questions like:
- Should I upgrade to a paid LinkedIn membership? Is it worth it?
- How can I keep my profile updated without looking like I’m job hunting?
- How often should I update my status?
- What’s the smartest way to participate in LinkedIn Groups?
Praise for this Presentation: “A shout out to Mir for the excellent presentation on LinkedIn she provided for us. I contracted with Mir for a one hour webinar hosted by the Women’s Networking Group – a Colleague Resource Group of Zoetis. Almost 100 field sales colleagues attended the webinar as we learned how to make the most of LinkedIn including how to write a profile, how to establish our LinkedIn brand, and why it is important to be an active participant. I highly recommend Mir as a knowledgeable and engaged speaker who will take the time to research your group in order to provide the most pertinent information.”
– Teena Barnett, MBA, Equine Specialist
Social Media Strategies to Grow Your Small Business
Developing a social media marketing strategy is the first step to boosting the effectiveness of your business’s online outreach. In this talk, small businesses can learn how to reach out and actively engage customers online, including:
- Social media strategies to reach customers
- Defining a social media marketing plan and sticking to it
- How to use social media to promote your brand, products, and services
- How to create high-value content your customers want
Praise for this Presentation: “Mir recently presented two sessions on ‘Social Media Strategies to Grow Your Small Business’ to the Small Business Advisors of North Carolina at their annual professional development conference. This group is made up of employees from The North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center as well as the North Carolina Community College Small Business Center staff. Mir presented before approximately 90 people who were very engaged and complementary of her session. The class participants learned the subject matter in an interactive fashion that will allow them to immediately help their clients with social media tactics and implementation. One participant stated, ‘This is one of the best sessions at PD in a long time; Mir has a really great style and it was a nice mix of information, fun, and group work.'”
– Mark McKnight, SBTDC, Continuing Professional Development Committee 2014
Social Media Strategies to Accelerate Your Job Search
You know that the best way to land a job is through a personal contact but online networking is important, too. Networking and personal brand-building through social media can kickstart new opportunities and relationships—and even jobs. Here are the strategies you’ll learn in this talk:
- How to use tools other than LinkedIn—like Facebook and Twitter—in your job search
- How to find information about companies and hiring managers
- Privacy concerns to keep in mind
- Learn, contribute, and make connections in industry chats and online groups
- The best ways to tap mentors and thought leaders